Published August 28, 2014
We both met Lauren at Crunch Wayne where she started off personal training with Bridget. Laurens grace and elegance is something we admire most. As a dancer she brings a tremendous amount of body awareness to the table, something we all admire and have learned from. After every workout Lauren stays after to work on her weakness and has recently made those some of her strengths. Her determination and will power is infectious. Laurens smile brightens the room and her pointed right toe and extended hands overhead like a ballerina before every handstand pushup and rope climb make each day just that much better.
1. How did you get started with CrossFit? Bridget was my personal trainer at my local gym. When she and Jacq opened up their box, I knew I wanted to be part of it!
2.How many WOD's per week do you attend? 4-5
3. What is you favorite movement? Handstand push-ups, back squats, clean and jerks
4. What is your least favorite movement? Wall balls, overhead squats
5.What would you tell a newbie getting started that helped you? There will be days where you will feel really off your game. Maybe the WOD is particularly challenging for you, the movements aren't coming naturally or it's taking you forever to finish a WOD that your peers finished in half the time. My best advice is to not take it so seriously or take it to heart - just keep pushing yourself that much harder, stay consistent with your routine and the results will inevitably follow.
6. What would you like to accomplish In the next 3 months? I'd like to be able to erase all of my old goals off the board (rope climb, unassisted pull-ups) and set some new goals! In particular, I'd like to be able to throw around more weight (PRing my cleans would be a good place to start) and RXing more workouts!
Andrew walked in one day and told us his curent workouts just weren't doing it for him. After the warmup he was huffing and puffing but we reassured him he would love it! You can see all the thoughts running through his head with each lift and then he looks at us to see "was that right?". Andrew doesnt give himself even a oucnce of credit that he deserves. He has transformed into a true CrossFitter with smooth movements and better endurance with each WOD. We enjoy wathcing him get so much better each workout and become a role model for others in the box. We are excited and privileged to watch you get stronger.
1. How did you get started with CrossFit? Some friends who crossfit told me about it. At first I thought "just another fad..." but after seeing their physical results and doing some of my own research online I was convinced.
2. How many WOD's per week do you attend? I generally shoot for 3-4, but there are WOD's that call for a bit more recovery time for me.. (like this past Wednesday).. :)
3. Favorite CrossFit exercise?
It's hard and it hurts but its also rewarding; not just physically.. I feel a sense of accomplishment and confidence when I finish a WOD successfully. A job well done; its worth it.
6. What would you like to accomplish in the next 3 months?
Id like to get to the point where im RXing my WOD's and maintaining my form throughout.